Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moria Defenders Forum Index -> Questing/Instances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarasMD
Kin Officer

re: Classic Instance Tips

I've only done a couple of the revamped instances, but I thought it might be a good idea to start collecting information them.

GB Thadur

After you've cleared the place and everyone's quests are completed you'll notice a critter (yellow HP bar) Barrow Light, kill this and you're instructed to find and kill two others. Don't worry about killing them straight away just make sure you tag both of them quickly and then kill them at your leisure. This happens a few more times with increasing Barrow Lights just keep on tagging/killing them and once you're done the door to Thadur should be open. Oddly if you fail this the first time it restarts automatically back to one barrow light, but I'm not certain how many attempts you get.

Thadur himself is fairly simple. Get him to certain HP levels and he'll spawn adds.

Hardmode is to light a brazier before you kill any adds so make sure you designate someone to light the braziers before you start the fight. It's one brazier per wave so once it's lit you can kill the current wave of adds and return to killing Thadur. You do this a total of 3 (?) times before you can finish him off.

HM Rewards:
Superior Third Mark
Tome of Will (possibly)
Symbol of Celebrimbor (not confirmed, but it's dropping in most classic instances)

Failed HM rewards:
Not the foggiest we've not failed this challenge yet tongue out

GB Maze

Yep it's a maze, but thankfully after you've been in once and explored the place you have a permanent map of the instance which makes subsequent runs a lot faster. Keep an eye out for the acid pools that most wights/crawlers will drop when they die, while they only do 50-60 damage per tick at 65 this damage starts to mount up when there are multiple pools dropped in the same area.

Ove you reach a large chamber to the south you'll have to kill about eight 20k wights and one 50k Elite Master who will summon two 20k crawlers who in turn summon waves of the normal crawlers that drop acid pools. Suffice to say it gets busy, but as long as you keep calm and follow the RAT you should get through this fight without any trouble.

Onto the Twins.

Hardmode is to kill 20 Crawling arms and not kill any wights.

***Update***

Reb wrote:
get the first boss as low as you can before killing the hands, then kite him around til the 20 hands are down and then finish him off and he won't even get his heal buff off. This has the added benefit of removing the other guy's shielding buff.

and their heal is similar to DN

It's a temporary self-buff which causes a small-ish percent of his total morale (5% I think?) to regenerate on every hit. So if you've got people wailing on him through it prepare to see a full heal in relatively short order. It's a mechanic sometimes referred to as red-light/green-light. The way around it is to stop all DPS on said boss while the buff is up.
The icon looks like the blue shield your group gets when you have Harm's Way up
- Cheers Reb

To begin with only the left hand boss will activate so tank him away to the left and start on the HM objective of killing the crawling arms while *someone else is assigned to picking up and kiting the wight adds. Once you've kill the arms the second boss will activate and he must be picked up straight away and tanked on the right side of the room and kept away from the other boss due to buffs they give each other.

Now here comes the fun part periodically each boss will start absorbing damage. We've not got specifics yet, but just one person (or pet) continuing to hit them will take them from half health right back to full health so make sure you're on the ball. The animation to look out for is the boss crouching down and springing back up again so as soon as you see him do that stop all damage/turn away and wait until the buff (a blue blinking shield icon) is gone and return to killing him. Currently it is unclear if DoTs cause this healing as well, it wasn't like that in DN where a similar mechanic is used, but further testing is needed. Rinse and repeat for the second boss and you're done, simples! Well not exactly we've failed on both hardmode attempts so far, hopefully third time lucky wink

Hardmode rewards:
Not the foggiest
Failed Hardmode rewards:
Symbol of Celebrimbor (jammy sod that I am I got this and it turned out to be a decent 65 staff to boot)
No Supreme Third Marks (although I've heard there is a chance to get them)

*Personally this seems like a good job for an AM traited loremaster (:bias-LM-opinion:) as any off tank will need to pick up the second boss when he activates. Once they've built up the aggro on all those wights it's going to be nigh impossible for someone else to pull the wights off them while they tank the second boss. From looking around a lot of people are having an issue with this Challenge.

Edit: hmm there are mutterings about damage not being correct (too high) in some of the classic instance and this is being addressed in the November patch. Perhaps this accounts for the insane amount of damage we've had during this fight.

GB Sambrog:

Well we ran out of time on this fight, but a key mechanic is the healing he receives from Ancient Spirits, if you can keep these interrupted then this fight boils down to a dps race. He also puts shadow DoTs onto people through an aura (?) that aren't removable with pots or fear removal skills (?).

Hardmode is to disturb his crypt (click the glowy thing in the middle) and kill him before you die.

As a general note to all LMs these instances (particularly at 65) are mainly shadow damage (odd frost wight notwithstanding) so it's recommended you use the Raven. There are also a lot of bow lord wights that with a combination of windlore/gust of wind and your Ravens Distraction can be neutralised and provide a good source of flank heals while you deal with the rest of the pull. There are also a lot of nasty diseases that are quickly reapplied on removal so it's advisable to have Proof Against all Ills and Healer traited.

Well that's it for now, hopefully someone else can add some more detail for the Giant and Spider wings of Helegrod that we've had a crack at.

***Update***
Guide to Giant Wing of Helegrod

Last edited by JarasMD on November 10, 2010 16:48; edited 2 times in total
Chipmore
Chipmore
Kin Leader

Great stuff Alex thanks mate!

CloseProtection -75- Guardian - SM Forester/SM Prospector
Chipmore -65- Captain - SM Jeweller/SM Prospector/SM Cook/Kindred Jeweller's Guild
Chipperoni -75- Burg - SM Scholar/SM Weaponsmith/Kindred Scholar's Guild
Chipflask  - 65 - Minstrel - SM Forester/SM Prospector
Chippie -65- RK
Chipolata  -65- Champ- SM Prospector/SM Tailor/SM Metalsmith/Kindred Tailor's Guild
Chipster   -65- Hunter
Chimeras   -65- LM- SM Forester/SM Woodworker/ Kindred Woodworker's Guild
ArmouredCar -70- Warden
Rafcopper  -9- Guardian - SM Farmer and Kin Bank
Abondance
Kin Member

Awesome Alex, Ty for those tips Happy
Reb
Rebosi
Kin Member

Nice job alex

somthing about the twins i found on us forum

get the first boss as low as you can before killing the hands, then kite him around til the 20 hands are down and then finish him off and he won't even get his heal buff off. This has the added benefit of removing the other guy's shielding buff.

and their heal is similar to DN

It's a temporary self-buff which causes a small-ish percent of his total morale (5% I think?) to regenerate on every hit. So if you've got people wailing on him through it prepare to see a full heal in relatively short order. It's a mechanic sometimes referred to as red-light/green-light. The way around it is to stop all DPS on said boss while the buff is up.
The icon looks like the blue shield your group gets when you have Harm's Way up

Rebbit 75 Hunter
Rebosi 54 Gaurdian(a side project)
Rebthor 51 Champion
------------
JarasMD
Kin Officer

Cheers Reb. I've updated the original post, hopefully in a few weeks once we've worked everything out I'll format it all properly and stick it in the guides section.

Incidentally does the guide section link under MD Links work for anyone else? It just takes me back to the main page.
Oaktree1

Quote:

ah nice we can try this next time were in there
Carinthe

Rebosi wrote:
get the first boss as low as you can before killing the hands, then kite him around til the 20 hands are down and then finish him off and he won't even get his heal buff off.

I was actually thinking of this after last time mate. I thought: This second boss doesn't join in until we killed 20 decaying arms/hands. What if we get this first boss down to like 5K, kill one last arm and then kill the first boss mob. Then we only have to worry about not killing any wights until the second boss is dead.

Just thinking out loud here. Happy
Chipmore
Chipmore
Kin Leader

JarasMD wrote:

Incidentally does the guide section link under MD Links work for anyone else? It just takes me back to the main page.

Talk to me ingame mate not sure I understand which one you mean as they all work for me.

CloseProtection -75- Guardian - SM Forester/SM Prospector
Chipmore -65- Captain - SM Jeweller/SM Prospector/SM Cook/Kindred Jeweller's Guild
Chipperoni -75- Burg - SM Scholar/SM Weaponsmith/Kindred Scholar's Guild
Chipflask  - 65 - Minstrel - SM Forester/SM Prospector
Chippie -65- RK
Chipolata  -65- Champ- SM Prospector/SM Tailor/SM Metalsmith/Kindred Tailor's Guild
Chipster   -65- Hunter
Chimeras   -65- LM- SM Forester/SM Woodworker/ Kindred Woodworker's Guild
ArmouredCar -70- Warden
Rafcopper  -9- Guardian - SM Farmer and Kin Bank
JarasMD
Kin Officer

http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/2010/09/dungeon-guide-%E2%80%93-helegrod-giant-wing/

Excellent guide on the Giant Wing of Helegrod.

Edit: Hmm also just noticed this in the November patch notes:

Quote:
Helegrod: Spider Wing
The summoned spiders from the queens now have ranged attacks
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moria Defenders Forum Index -> Questing/Instances All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: